Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Does Your Business Communication Need a Review?

During the decade or more I taught business communication, I collected a couple of lever arch files full of poorly written letters. They were from insurance companies, banks, councils, retailers, and others. I also collected exemplars of excellent business communication, but there were fewer of those.


Within a minute or so of reading a letter, I could tell whether the writer had studied business communication.

While we learn English grammar and literature at school, we don’t normally learn business communication although most of us will need it during our working lives. Even self-employed trades people need letter (or email) writing capability.

Read the full article and download my free Guide to Letter Formatting and Writing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Comments with inappropriate content or spam will not be approved.