Friday, January 27, 2012

Best Practice in Online Marketing

One of the advertising practices that annoys me immensely is the forced video. You know, you land on a sales page and you have no option but to listen to a video presentation. Some are very long and uninteresting and usually after a few minutes I quit.

If I quit, you can bet your life others quit too. Sales potential lost. There is a better way.

I'd like to share with you a sales page I stumbled upon recently that is an exemplar of best practice in online marketing. In my humble opinion at least. It's the sales site of the Mobile Marketing Bandit. Now, let me qualify that. The site and video presentation has been exceptionally well produced with an excellent artistic theme. The video consists of someone drawing artwork as it progresses, only it's been sped up and is intriguing enough to hold one's interest. Nothing has been spared by way of cost and expertise to produce a professional site with top copy, graphics, video and audio.

What I like most about it is that the very first page, just below the video has a link buyers can take to go directly to the Clickbank sales site to buy the product. Further below that is the written version of what is in the video. This is a far superior option to that of the automatic video from which there is no escape but to leave the site or stay until the death knell.

This program may be the last thing in which you are interested, but I do suggest you have a look at the site and watch the video for several minutes. You'll see some very impressive art work appear before your eyes as the sales video progresses. You can watch it here.

If you are planning a sales video, this may help you to see what the new benchmark is.

Robin


PS: Are you impressed? Tell us what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Terri Fisher2:26 PM

    I'm impressed. It's one of the best advertising landing pages I have seen. Very well done, obviously no money spared. And having the buy link is good as well as all the blurb underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Comments with inappropriate content or spam will not be approved.