Saturday, September 10, 2011

Why You MUST Monitor Your Pay-Per-Click Campaigns



When you set up advertising accounts at places like Google or on Facebook, it is easy to do and you can usually target your audience very well, unlike some other forms of advertising. You simply set them up and let them run.

Pay per click adverts have been very lucrative for millions of people who have earned a great return on investment. I've sold a few thousand ebooks and other people's products using pay-per-click. You set a cost per day maximum and can also set a start and finish day for your campaign.

Ultimately, your aim is to obtain more money through sales than you pay for advertising. Common sense eh? However, where the system breaks down is that while Google or Facebook can get you the clicks, you have to make the sales. This is where the system becomes complicated.

If your sales page isn't a winner, people will click through and never buy anything. While this post isn't about pay per click optimization, I can say that there are dozens of strategies you can employ to increase your sales per click ratio. It takes a lot of work, but if you are interested in getting the job done properly, you should work on optimization.

The key is that you must manage your advertising account to make sure you are getting value for money and a suitable return for your efforts. If one approach doesn't work, try another. Eventually you will win out.

One thing you must never do is have a campaign that doesn't have an end date. Thousands of newcomers got caught when they set up a campaign, selected a daily spending maximum and then forgot about the campaign for three or 12 months. Guess what happened? They found themselves with credit card charges in the thousands without having made one sale.

When I use these programs, I work my budget out up front; how much do I want to spend on this campaign assuming I never make a sale? I choose an amount I am willing to write off and work from there. That way, any sales are a bonus. Then I keep testing until I get the best sales rate I can for the clicks I'm getting.

Give pay-per-click a try, but be careful you don't incur unexpected debts.

Robin

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Good advice. I can't imagine how horrible it must be to open your account and find you own hundreds or even thousands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Comments with inappropriate content or spam will not be approved.